Characteristics of Healing
Healing is not always a straight line.
There can be peaks and valleys along the way which can be confusing.
Here are some indicators of healing:
1. You’re giving yourself quality time to experience whatever organically arises without forcing it to be different.
2. You know your own value and worth regardless of how you were treated.
3. You’re establishing any necessary boundaries and updating them along the way.
4. You’re rebuilding trust in yourself to handle similar situations.
5. You’re making meaning of the situation in ways that help you understand yourself better even if what was done to you was incomprehensible.
6. When you remember the experience, you know how to respond with yourself in ways that are soothing and loving.
7. You’re able to enjoy other aspects of your life.