Who Am I?
That part of us that we call “self” is our ego.
Our ‘ego’ is that part that makes conscious adult decisions, and essentially mediates between the more impulsive child-like part of ourselves (id) and the moralistic parent-like part (superego).
Ego in Latin means “I.”
A strong sense of ego/self can help us get through difficult situations but if it’s too inflexible it can keep us from growing.
1. Pay attention to the details of your thoughts.
2. Notice when fear becomes a part of your story.
3. Become aware of when you get defensive. Your ego is protecting itself from hurt.
4. Notice when your ego wants to keep you from growing to keep you feeling safe.
5. Your ego will resist change because it loves to stay in its comfort zone.
6. Push through the discomfort to experience growth.
Video CGI Credit: @pronoun.m (Flower Balloons)
Sound Design Credit: @itsu_