The Art of Effective Communication
Learning the art of effective communication is key to healthier and more enjoyable relationships.
Part of that process is making simple, understandable and specific requests.
Relationships are healthier when we assert our needs by making clear requests.
Examples of Asserting Your Needs
1. “Can we put down our phone and talk?”
2. “I’d like to have longer foreplay.”
3. “Can we have a date night, just the two of us?”
4. “I need to finish what I was saying before you respond.”
5. “I need an apology.”
6. “I need you to validate my feelings.”
7. “I need some time alone.”