Why We Lose Our Childhood
When we’re forced to grow up too fast, we still have childlike needs that need to be met in adulthood.
Understanding what caused us to lose our childhood and ways to reparent ourselves in adulthood is the beginning.
When we experience neglect, abuse or chaos growing up, we can be robbed of our childhood.
Signs We're Growing Up Too Fast:
1. Having to parent our parent
2. Being the primary caretaker of our siblings
3. Being surrogate partner to our parent(s)
4. Being the family therapist and mediator
5. Getting constantly triangulated into family conflict
We still have needs that were missed and need attending to in our adulthood, like to play and have fun.
Reparenting our Inner Child requires us to listen, value and attend to their needs.