Neglecting Ourselves to Protect Ourselves
When life is especially painful and challenging we can lose ourselves in the process.
It’s often a defense to protect ourselves.
Our way back to ourselves includes acknowledging this and lots of self-compassion.
When we feel disconnected from ourselves we lose our joy, our purpose and our internal compass.
1. We're disconnected from our thoughts and feelings.
2. We feel emotionally unstable, wavering between intense feelings or being numb.
3. We feel alone, even when surrounded by others.
4. We judge ourselves frequently and mercilessly.
How to Regain Ourselves:
1. Reconnect to our body, thoughts and feelings with radical self-compassion.
2. Cultivate moments of play, pleasure, connection and gratitude in the present moment.
3. Meditate, journal and seek outside assistance.