Awareness of Settling is Key
Settling for someone that isn’t a good enough fit is problematic for all involved.
We don’t need to judge them or ourselves as better, simply to acknowledge that the combo isn’t working well enough.
This isn’t about seeking perfection. It’s about having realistic expectations for what we all deserve.
9 Signs of Settling
1. You are with someone for their potential.
2. You hope that someday they will change.
3. Your boundaries are disrespected.
4. They don't consider you when making decisions.
5. They don't follow through on their word.
6. They aren't vulnerable or share their inner world.
7. You notice that negative interactions outweigh positive ones.
8. You can't share your feelings because you don't feel emotional safety.
9. They constantly compare you to others.