Stop Judging Yourself
We have tons of thoughts every minute but when these thoughts are consistently critical and judgmental of ourselves (i.e. how we’ve failed yet again) then it restricts our ability to live more fully and enjoy our lives. An intense and relentless Inner Critic can lead to social anxiety, perfectionism, rigidity and depression.
Become More Aware of Your Inner Critic
1. What is the Inner Critic?
2. Where does it come from?
3. What words does it use, if any?
4. What are your physical responses to it?:
5. How does it impact your life?:
Create Distance from Your Inner Bully
1. Use Mindfulness:
2. Recognize Inner Critic Characteristics:
3. View as PART of you but not ALL of you:
4. Use Writing and Visual Imagery:
Befriend Your Inner Judge
1. Respond to You Inner Critic as a Compassionate Friend:
2. Sift the Truth from the Judgement:
3. Set Boundaries:
4. Take Action: